Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's December?!?

Wow, I cannot believe it is already December!  I am so BEHIND so forgive me for the super long post.

First and foremost, we are currently having a HUGE reflux flare-up.  It's the worst it's ever been which is so disappointing because I thought we had been through the worst.  There have been times when I just thought it couldn't get any worse and here we are now - it's SO tough!  Reflux is SO not invited to the Johnson house and why, oh why, does he keep coming back - how rude!

I have had a really rough time with it this go 'round.  When you are a mom, all you want is to feed your baby the nutrition they need to grow and it is absolutely heartbreaking when my baby doesn't want to eat because it is painful for him.  I hear his tummy growling, I know he is hungry, but the pain is just too unbearable.  The spitting up is bad too - unfortunately Field is fighting back liquids that creep up every now and then and bring the tummy acid along too which is PAINFUL!  We would really appreciate your prayers for Field's reflux to subside, or better yet, go away forever.  We would also covet your prayers for a solution to the reflux - whether by meds or new formula or both.  Right now, all that Field will take is my breastmilk - which is fine for now except I don't foresee myself pumping until June 2011.  I am crazy enough as it is...pumping for another 6 months would really put me over the edge.  :)  So we are trying to figure out which formula to use.  Field should be on a non-dairy, hypoallergenic formula to help with the reflux symptoms, but he doesn't seem to like any of these "fancy" formulas.  He wants the good 'ole basic formulas, but these are all dairy based and we think some of this reflux is from dairy.  We are working closely with our pediatrician to solve this problem.

Anyway, enough about that, your prayers would be wonderful!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week.  We spent time with my family and it was so fun.  We are blessed to have such a fun family.

Field LOVES his cousins and they love him!



Cousins Caroline and Ellie want to be like Field and play in the exersaucer.


My birthday was the day after Thanksgiving and my wonderful husband and friends set up a lovely lunch!  It was supposed to be all girls, but Brad showed up and visited for a little while during his work lunch break.  We had a wonderful time together and it was the longest lunch ever!  You know you had fun when you leave and look at the time and are shocked at how long you've been sitting there.  :)



My sweet friends surprised me with a beautiful heart necklace to remind me that our family is always in their prayers and in their hearts.  Their love for us is such a blessing.

On Saturday, we headed out to my family's ranch.  My parents surprised me with a darling birthday sign on the gate.  I was so surprised, I started crying!  They decorated our bedroom door, had cups made, and a darling "ranchy" cake too.  The perfect Texas-y 30th birthday!


We had such a fun time at the ranch with my family, the Johnson family, and all of the Sedlaks (my sister's in-laws).  We are hoping to make this some sort of a tradition.  We missed my brother and sister-in-law and hope they'll be able to join us next year!  How fun for Field to be with his beloved Nonnie and Granddaddy (Brad's parents) AND BB and Poppy (my parents) all at the same time.  This was Field's first trip to the ranch and we think he liked it!

He fit right in with his camo gear and John Deere boots (thank you, Mrs. Knocke!).


My beautiful niece was right by my side when I blew the cake candles out.  
This sweet girl has such a sweet tooth!

We had our monthly cardiology appointment on Tuesday and all is good there.  We won't see our local cardiologist again until after surgery.  Yikes...scary that surgery is so close.  It will be here before we know it.  We would love your prayers for that as well.  Peace for all of us and that Field will go into surgery at his strongest and very best.  Also that there will not be any surprises and that surgery and recovery will all be smooth and stable.

Thank you all so much and happy weekend!