Several of you asked for my tips on how to make the baby chubby, so I thought I would go ahead and share here.
We got a powder called Duocal from the pediatrician that can be added to milk, yogurt, applesauce, etc. I add it to the 2 bottles that Field gets a day and also I add it to his yogurt. Typically, Field eats one container of yogurt a day, but I break it up into 2 different snacks since he doesn't LOVE yogurt.
Here is Field's eating schedule for the day:
7:30am - Breakfast - usually waffles or pancakes with butter and some fruit
9:30-10ish - Bottle with milk (1 Tsp of duocal added) and some graham crackers or Ritz crackers and cheese
11ish - Lunch - usually turkey or ham, cheese, bread with butter, avacado, and fruit and veggies (I usually drizzle olive oil over the cheese, bread, veggies, and ham/turkey)
12- Nap
3 - Bottle with milk (1 Tsp of duocal added) and a half container of yogurt with 1 Tsp of Duocal and some crackers
5:30 - Dinner - whatever we are having with olive oil drizzled over the entire meal and butter added to whatever I can. Huegghhh! {That was another gag.}
6:45 - "Late Night" Snack - rest of the container of yogurt from earlier with 1 Tsp of Duocal added.
You can buy Duocal at any drug store. It might have to be specially ordered by the pharmacist.
I truly believe that adding in that late night snack has really helped with weight gain. It's become our nighttime routine. He gets to watch cartoons in mommy or daddy's lap while he eats his "special {please make Field chubby} treat."
Now, if I ate all of that every day you would have to roll me out the front door to get anywhere. So let's hope this puts some lbs. on the little man.
*I am not a doctor or healthcare professional. Please talk with your healthcare provider before trying a new nutritional product with your child. :)*
