
I am linking up with my fellow heart mom, Tiffanie, today for her Product of the Week series. I took these pictures awhile back with good intentions of linking up with my friend, Brooke, for her Thumbs Up Thursday but never got around to it. So sorry, Brooke. :( Today has been one of those good days - baby took a long nap, dinner is made, and laundry is put away (this never happens, really) so I thought I would post about one of my favorite products.
When I was engaged and it was time to register for kitchen utensils/appliances/ etc. my sister gave me a list of "must haves." One was a steamer/rice cooker. I had no idea what this was and why would I need it, but I registered for it and sure enough I got one at a shower. Once we were married and settled, we started using the steamer for our nightly veggies - we steamed anything and everything.
I didn't realize how awesome this appliance was until I had Field. Once he was onto solids, I used this steamer every.day. We steam apples, pears, carrots, broccoli, fresh green beans, potatoes, etc. The nice thing about it is you wash the fruit or veggie, put it in the steamer pan with water, and turn on the timer and you are done. There have been many days that I have thrown food into the steamer, left the house to run a quick errand, and come back 20 minutes later to fresh, steamed, healthy fruits and veggies. Makes it very easy for little ones with no or very few teeth to eat. If you have a little one, I HIGHLY recommend this appliance.
