Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Faces of CHD: Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week is under way (Feb. 7-14) and I am jumping in to share and honor my sweet Field and also to help raise awareness of CHD's.

Before Field was born, I had never heard of a congenital heart defect.  I had no idea what the word congenital even meant (naive, I guess?).  Now I can tell you more about Field's heart and how it works than most care to know (or understand!).

After 2 heart surgeries, one heart cath, and more medical check-ups than I can count, we have a healthy, thriving, and very smart toddler.  Field has surpassed all expectations and continues to be a wonderful testimony to God's grace and protection.  We still have one more surgery ahead of us, but God is good and He will carry us through every twist and turn that life has for us.  We are so blessed to be on this journey and so grateful for our precious son, Field.

A handsome face of CHD

Thank you to the wonderful heart mommas who have set up a Pinterest board called The Faces of CHD.   And be on the lookout for Mr. Field being a part of all of these precious heroes.  
Photobucket