We had a wonderful time Saturday night at the American Heart Association's Heart Ball. It was out at the new JW Marriott in San Antonio, which is absolutely amazing. You can bet that Brad and I will be back to spend more time at this beautiful hotel!
Pictures from Michele Gordon
As I said in the last post, we were chosen as the 2011 Heart Ball Passion Family, so we were able to share our story during the event. My husband had the more difficult task of sharing what all we have been through these last 9 months and I finished it off by asking for those who are able, to donate to the AHA on not only our behalf, but the many families dealing with heart disease.
Before the "speech," I was super nervous and Brad told me to remember that most people wouldn't be listening - they'd be eating, drinking, and chit chatting (what we all do best, right?). Well, lo and behold, we got up and there and as soon as pictures of our precious Field were up on the screen the room was completely silent and ALL eyes and ears were on us.
It was moving.
I was proud.
Proud of our story.
Proud of our son, our hero.
Proud of my husband for so eloquently sharing our journey.
And proud of the faith we continue to have in our Lord as His plan for our life unfolds.
We had a great time visiting with friends, family, and other heart supporters.
Brad and I with the Wenders
Marty Wender was the chair of the event.
Allison (my sister), Courtney, and me
The Williams and the The Johnsons
Girls and guys enjoying the night
Thank you to our family and friends for supporting us through this event. It was most definitely a night to remember.
Brad's parents, me and Brad, Brad's aunt and uncle
Brad and I with my sister and brother-in-law
And in case you are wondering, Field spent the night with my parents (BB and Poppy) and did great! Slept through the night and in the words of my parents, "was an angel." :)








