Field started school this week! He has never been to school, so this was a very big deal for us. We had "Meet the Teacher" the day before where I burst into tears to both the teacher and the director of the school as I shared a little about Field and what we have been through. I wrote a letter about his medical history including the warning signs of a heart problem and also that he has no restrictions and should be able to participate in everything that all of the other children do. (And if you know Field well, you know that won't be a problem. He doesn't let his heart hold him back.) Everyone was very sweet and encouraging. I included a goodie bag of treats with the letters - it always helps to be on the school's good side. ;-)
The first day of school was SO fun! Field woke up saying "teacher!" and was all smiles all morning.
 |
| No more pics. Let's do this, daddy. |
It's so fun to attend the same school as cousin, Ellie, too!
 |
| So excited about school! |
 |
| So Ellie, tell me about this school thing! |
One of Field's best buddies,
Harper, is in the class along with some other friends that we know. It is a darling group of children and the school is perfect for us.
 |
| Field and his teacher |
Field did not cry when we left him (he usually doesn't, but I was worried he would when he saw the other children crying) and he had a great first day! The comments from the teachers were, "He is always so happy! He has so much fun with everything we do. He did not nap. He sang, talked, and played peek-a-boo during naptime. It was hard to get him to settle down. He ate most of his lunch and his favorite center was dramatic play. He also liked playing with the instruments."
 |
| Already taking good care of the baby in the classroom. |
Hahaha! I am not surprised for many reasons, but it cracks me up that my high spirited, drama king enjoyed "dramatic play" the most.
The afternoon after school was brutal! I did not want to put him down for a nap so late in the day, but he was a BEAR to deal with. He had no patience and was on the verge of a meltdown all afternoon. I am praying very hard that he learns to take a nap at school, otherwise, every school afternoon is going to be rough. I know it takes time to adjust and we will get there.
It's been an emotional week for me. My sweet baby boy goes to school now. Such a big boy! Time is passing so quickly and I just pray that we have a safe and healthy year. I am also SO thankful, grateful, and blessed that Field gets to attend such a great school with such wonderful teachers and friends. So all of that, brings up a lot of emotions. But I do have to say, I had a wonderful morning off when he was in school and loved having some "me" time. :)