Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer Recap 2012

Summer is coming to an end and in just one week Field will start school for the first time ever.  I originally had him registered for day school last year and I chickened out and withdrew him at the last minute.  God's little tug on my heart was such a blessing...I LOVED having Field home with me last year.  It was such a great bonding year for us and I think it was important for him to be at home to stay healthy and gain weight.  Both of which he did very well!  Other than the ear tubes, Field had a very healthy year (praise God!) and his weight gain and growing have been steady.

That being said, Field will attend day school this year THREE times a week!  Yikes, seems like a lot, but will help me to put in some part-time work hours.  He is SO ready for school and I know he will LOVE it.  Mr. Social might be a little high maintenance, but it will be good for him and for me!

Love his new monogrammed bags! 
So let's look back at our summer of 2012...

Two fun visits to the Texas beach. (more trips to come in the Fall!)

Diggin!  
This boy adores the beach just as much as his mommy and daddy! 
A BIG two-year birthday party!


Field's newest cousin, sweet Sadie, was born.  We adore her!


Weekly swim lessons with mommy.

*No picture of this one.  :(

Lots and lots and lots of playdates.





Visits to the children's museum.

In the airplane at the museum. 
One trip to the hospital for ear tubes.



Yoga class at the gym.


Lots and lots and lots of time-outs.  (They say it is a blessing to have a strong-willed child! :)


A lake trip with Nonnie, Granddaddy, and Uncle Dude.



What a fun and blessed summer.  Now we are ready for a great school year ahead!
Photobucket