Friday, September 10, 2010

Random Ramblings...

I am still getting the hang of this blogging thing, so forgive me for not updating the blog more often! It is SO hard to keep up with! I will try my best to update more often. Sorry guys!

We are doing great in the Johnson household! I think the "3 month fog" is starting to lift and we are finally settling into a routine...getting more sleep, cooking dinner again, keeping up with housework/yard work, having dinners with friends and family, etc. Yes, our fog was a little thicker than most, but it feels good to get back into the swing of things. We are also finally getting Field out and about more often and he loves it. This baby is so social.  He flashes his sweet smile to anyone that talks to him. It's pretty precious!

Here are some of our latest adventures...

One of my FAVORITE places to eat lunch is at the Neiman Marcus cafe. My mom (BB) and I took Field to his first "ladies lunch" last week and he was SO good! Well, he slept the whole time, but he was quiet and happy. I guess something about a bunch of women chit chattin' away put him right to sleep in his stroller! Sorry Brad, next time we can take him to Bass Pro Shops for his lunch outing! :)

Sweet, giggling boy!

Sweet, smiling boy!

Here is Field meeting one of my very best friends and her baby. Amanda and I have been friends since Kindergarten and Sutton is just 6 weeks younger than Field. They were so excited to meet each other that they both fell right to sleep! Ha!

Dinner with mommy and daddy on a cool evening.  There he is...staring at daddy again! 

Meeting his new BFF, Ella.  Ella's mommy and I have been friends since we were born!  Very special friendship!

Field and Ella and their mommies.  All BFF's! 
My sister and her family invited us to Oak Hills Country Club on Labor Day for a fun family style party.  Here is cousin Caroline jumping in the bounce house.  She kept saying, "Watch me, Aunt Lis, watch me!"  Sweet Field slept the whole time Caroline bounced.  Field, it won't be long and you'll be bouncin' away in there with your cousins! 

Sleeping Field in his stroller.  He looks like such a big boy, doesn't he?!?

Hangin' with daddy after his golf game at Oak Hills.  Field is even wearing his own golf outfit!  :)

And this video is just too precious not to post. Field didn't really like his bouncy seat until now. And now he LOVES IT! He kicks those legs like crazy! Make sure to watch until the end when he flashes his sweet smile at me. Love this sweet boy so much!




Lastly (this is why this post is titled "Random Ramblings..." I am going on and on about random stuff, I know!), we had our 3 month check-up with the pediatrician yesterday. Field is doing great. The pediatrician is very happy with Field and his progress. Brad and I are such perfectionists, so it is hard when she tells us his weight percentile as it is well below the 50th percentile, but we also know that we have worked our tail ends off to get him to gain weight and he IS gaining weight like crazy, so we have to be proud of that. The whole percentile thing really stresses me out and I just wonder what the point of it is? For those above 50%ile to feel great and for those of us below 50%ile to feel terrible? I mean, really! What's the point?!? I don't know, but I am going to try to just ignore those numbers and be thankful that the weight gain is steadily increasing and that we are on an uphill incline with growth. Thank you, Lord, for answering that prayer and please keep the prayers coming for continued growth, weight gain, and eating. 

I know, I know...this post was way too long.  I will try to post more often so I don't have to randomly ramble on about the past few weeks!  :)  Thanks for reading and feel free to leave us a comment so we know people are actually reading! 

Much Love,
Lisa